Volunteer Medical Services
Evaluation and management of the varied medical concerns encountered on race day along with the essentials in pre-race planning and preparedness.
The medical team's primary focus is to rapidly identify and care for acute illness, injury or collapse.
Medical personnel will track runners and record medical data to ensure timely updates to families of runners being treated.
Volunteer Medical Staff considerations: Qualified, Availability, Clinical Expertise, Individual State Laws.
There are several organizations to which I follow for the highest standards of preparation and management when it comes to events in which their are large numbers of participants:
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians
- International Institute of Race Medicine
- Boston Marathon
- American Red Cross
Pre-Participation Physical Examination "PPE"
(American College of Sports Medicine)
Examiner - Dr. Hall
- Health and Safety of the Athlete in training and competition.
- ID Med and Ortho problems placing athlete at risk for injury or illness.
- ID correctable problems that may impair athletes ability to perform.
- Educate athlete concerning sports, exercise, injuries and health issues.
- Meet legal and insurance requirements.
- Best done in medical setting and appropriate privacy.
- Event PPE with Large # of athletes involved *Format or multiple stations with several health care providers each focusing on their expertise.
Interim Exam annually if required or indicated.
- Past Medical History
- Sports Specific History
- Family History
- Physical Exam
- Report of Findings
- Recommendations/ Referrals if indicated
Proactive Care Classes
- First Responder (American Red Cross) Certification: First Aid, Child and Adult CPR/AED - Instructor: Dr. Hall
- Sports Fitness Class/Series: Posture, breathing and biomechanics to prevent injury and increase performance - Instructor:Dr. Hall
Dr. Hall Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org